Questions are the catalyst to change. Until we ask ourselves the right questions, what we focus on and get in life will tend to be driven either by our past or by the current events of our time. For me, neither of those options offer much hope of inspiring a higher quality of life.
This is not the ultimate, complete list of every question you could possibly want to ask yourself and yet, it is a great place to start. The really good news is, you don’t have to answer all of these questions to get moving.
Strapped for time? Pick one of the following and spend 10 to 15 minutes on it today. Maybe just think about it over the course of the day and then record what you’ve come up with tonight.
- WHAT, if you worked on it right now, would really put a smile on your face?
- Imagine you’ve just had your perfect week. What 3 things did you complete?
- What excites and inspires you?
- What would you like as a goal if you knew you could not fail?
- If you were to FULLY live your life, what is the first change you would start to make?
- What is missing in your life right now?
- What areas of your life could be upgraded or tweaked?
- What are the 3 things that would make the biggest difference in your life?
- What do you really, really want?
- If there was an outcome you were secretly looking for, what would it be?
- What are three things you are doing regularly that don’t serve or support you?
- For your life to be perfect, what would have to change?
- If you are 90 years old and looking back over your life, what have you done to make you feel proud?
- What is the biggest change you are willing to make today?
- If you had this goal, how would you BE different?
Absolutely love more than one of these questions? Answer as many as you like. The idea here is just to get your brain sparking again.
Enjoy and remember… ask better questions.